Friday, July 18, 2008

Kdrama - The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (2007)

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/blogger_images1/Coffee%20Prince/300px-TimeBWDOG.jpg

Synopsis - DramaWiki
Photos - Soompi

The life of Go Eun Chan (Yoon Eung Hye) is not easy; she works many jobs to pay off debts and even gave up her feminine image. Choi Han Kyul (Gong Yoo) is the heir of a big food company, but his grandmother wants him to settle down, so she arranged many dates Italicfor him. After Eun Chan bumped into Han Kyul and was mistaken for a boy, Han Kyul decided to hire Eun Chan to be his gay lover in order to avoid the arranged dates. Desperately in need of money, Eun Chan had no choice but to accept. Han Kyul's grandmother also made Han Kyul in charge of a filthy coffee shop in danger of being bankrupt. Eun Chan begged to work at the coffee shop, and not long after, feelings start to spark, except, how would Han Kyul accept his "homosexuality"?

I heard a lot of positive reviews on this drama. My friends keep telling me that I will like it and it's "different" from a lot of Kdramas. So I figured, why not watch it, right? Plus it has Gong Yoo. I wasn't a fan of his when I first heard about Coffee Prince but after watching She's On Duty and S Diary. Hech yeah! I'll watch Coffee Prince!

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/blogger_images1/Coffee%20Prince/l_p1010710500.jpg

Gong Yoo is just too adorable. He is definitely on my list of favorite Korean actor. His character is very likeable. I love the fact that his character Han Kyul accepts Eun Chan as she is. My only problem is his sexual preferences. Before you jump on me, let me explain. Sure Han Kyul doesn't know that Eun Chan is a girl but he has feeling for "him" - he thinks she's a guy. He kissed "him", held "his" hand, cuddled with "him." We all know that he's really a girl but if she really wasn't a girl, would you think differently? He was unsure of his own sexuality. Other than than, I do like the fact that he's sweet. Playing the guy who gets chosen to run the Coffee Shop and bring it back to business, Gong Yoo just melts my heart.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/blogger_images1/Coffee%20Prince/0818-coffee-prince-cute-main.jpg

Yoon Eung Hye is just so cute. I couldn't believe that this former pop star from the group Baby VOX could pull off a tom boy! She reminds me a bit of Bhumika Chawla (Indian actress) - the big chubby cheeks, slim body and their big buck teeth. She kinda annoyed me a bit in the movie but I can see why she did what she did. She needed the money. (A lot of these girls in Kdrama need money, huh?) Pretending to be a boy, Eun Chan worked at Coffee Prince to make money for her mother and sister. I just wish she would've just told Han Kyul that she was a girl! It was driving me nuts! I guess she had to do what she had to.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/blogger_images1/Coffee%20Prince/normal_PuenYoo001.jpg

I'm convinced Gong Yoo is a good kisser. That boy sure can kiss! Plus I'm liking him more and more each time I see him. I'm just sad that he's in the military right now. Come back soon! We won't see him until December 2009.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/blogger_images1/Coffee%20Prince/cp16-167.jpg

I want to see Yoon Eung Hye in Goong, Princess Hours because I read she did a good job and want to see her more girlie.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/blogger_images1/Coffee%20Prince/0411-coffee-prince-1.jpg

She really is sooo cute in real life.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/blogger_images1/Coffee%20Prince/CoffeePrince.jpg

There are two other main characters in the drama along with Gong Yoo and Yoon Eung Hye. Lee Sun Gyun plays Choi Han Sung, Han Kyul's friend/relative. Chae Jung Ahn plays Han Yoo Joo, Han Sung's girlfriend. To make things confusing, Eun Chan liked Han Sung from the beginning. Han Sung was heart broken when Yoo Joo left him. Han Kyul used to like Yoo Joo but never got the chance to tell her and it was too late for him and she hooked up with Han Sung. When Han Sung finally started to like Eun Chan, she ended liking Han Hyul. Confusing? Watch it!

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/blogger_images1/Coffee%20Prince/gallery_00001.jpg

There was a short story on each of the members of Coffee Shop. Kim Jae Wook plays No Sun Ki who is speaks Japanese when he's pissed and is looking for a mystery woman. Lee Un plays Hwang Min Yeop who is in love with Eun Chan's younger sister. Kim Dong Wook plays Jin Ha Rim plays Han Kyul's loyal friend.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/blogger_images1/Coffee%20Prince/20080229112401zl2.jpg

Coffee Prince is definitely worth watching for laughs. It's not my favorite drama but made me love Gong Yoo even more.

No comments: