Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kmovie - I Saw The Devil (2010)



Synopsis - IMDB
Kyung-chul (Choi Min-sik) is a dangerous psychopath who kills for pleasure. He has committed infernal serial murders in diabolic ways that one cannot even imagine and his victims range from young women to even children. The police have chased him for a long time, but were unable to catch him. One day, Joo-yeon, daughter of a retired police chief becomes his prey and is found dead in a horrific state. Her fiance Soo-hyun (Lee Byung-hun), a top secret agent, decides to track down the murderer himself. He promises himself that he will do everything in his power to take bloody vengeance against the killer, even if it means that he must become a monster himself to get this monstrous and inhumane killer.



I love me some thriller movie. I was so stoked and excited to watch I Saw The Devil on Netflix instant viewing. Lee Byung Hun is my favorite Korean actor, plus he's a hottie, so good to look at!



*heart*
When he acts, he speaks so much just by his eyes! I love it. It's so intense. His smile just melts me away.

I've heard so many great things about the movie.

Lemme start off by saying that the film is very fast paced and gives you a thrill...but I am just not into the storyline. I felt that it was not explained very well, to me.

For example, I do not  understand why Kyung-chul (Choi Min-sik) had a fasination with killing these beautiful young women. I just "assume" that it was because of his lost wife?? It clearly showed his son but never really why. And his friend...who helped with the killing. Did he actually eat his victims? That one scene where he says, "there are no more guts" and then goes and get a girl, ready to kill her.

I was confused. Someone enlighten me. I don't really understand the purpose of the killing, not that I condone any of it, I want to know the mind of the psycho-paths. They are just plain sick and nasty, I know but that's what the movie was lacking for me. If that part was fulfilled, then I would've enjoyed the movie a bit more.

Movie is really gory and bloody but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it. I love the Saw series. Gory but had a storyline to it that makes sense, to me.

I love how it took a different turn to the cat-mouse game and how Soo-hyun (Lee Byung-hun) just wanted to punish the them, not giving them a quick, painless death.

Rating 7 out of 10

No comments: