Wednesday, April 28, 2010

IRIS - Best Korean drama ever!!!!!!!!



Photos & Synopsis - Asian Media Wiki

Two elite National Security System (NSS) agents, Hyeong-Jun (Lee Byung-Hun) and Sa-Woo (Jeong Jun-Ho), who were sworn blood brothers, both fall for fellow agent Seung-Hee (Kim Tae-Hee). Sa-Woo attempts to suppress his feelings for Seung-Hee and wishes the couple the best.

Hyeon-Jun is then sent off on a solo mission to Hungary. In Hungary, Hyeon-jun accomplishes his mission and while in escape mode becomes wounded. Shortly later, Hyeon-jun finds out that he was betrayed by fellow agent Sa-woo. Seung-Hee attempts to help Hyeon-Jun escape, but a car explosion separates the two and both are misled to believe that the other person are dead. Hyeon-Jun is then saved by an unknown voice and learns of the secret society "IRIS".

One year later, Hyeon-Jun returns to Korea to seek revenge. During this time, the two Koreas are set to reunify, while the group "IRIS" are intent on stopping the reunification.




Those who know me, I am very picky and selective when it comes to watching Korean dramas. I hate sappy, lovey-dovey stories.

I was hesitate to watch Iris first because I found it was a drama, not a movie. However, I thought, why not? It has T.O.P. I love Big Bang.



Oh. My. Freaking. Goodness. From the first episode, I was hooked!!!!!

Going into watching Iris for T.O.P., I came out a Lee Byung Hun fan!! For those who do not know, he is in the Hollywood movie, G.I. Joe.

On top of that, the first ever female girl crush from any movies/dramas is Kim Tae Hee. I love her character! She is gorgeous and strong. Love how she stood by her man and didn't fall for anyone else!



The other supporting casts were great too. Kim So Yeon had the better character/role but it was Hyeong-Jun & Seung-Hee's love that conquered it all for me.



I must watch again! That's how much I looooove it!!! I don't think I could love any other dramas as much as this. I was not bored at all with any episodes...and that's rare.

1 comment:

NruabSiab said...

hi Nikie.. where do you go watch this movie at? just curious...