Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cmovie - Goddess of Mercy (2006)



Synopsis - Rotten Tomatoes
Photos - Google

Yang Rui falls in love for the cleaning woman who works in a taekwando gym, only to later discover she's an undercover cop named An Xin. An is in hiding from drug smugglers who have a score to settle with her - a raid she led resulted in the death of one of the smuggler's parents. To complicate matters further, An was previously romantically involved with the smuggler whose parents were killed.



Overall, the movie was very well made. Storyline is good. It is an adaptation from a popular book (I have no idea the name of the book).

However, with "acting." I was disappointed with Vickie's presence. Because I do not understand Mandarin, I cannot just judge her acting. I was going by her body language and voice. I could barely hear her!!! I kept turning up and down the volumne just to hear her, which was very annoying.



It's not the first time I've seen Nicholas Tse in any movies but this is the movie that made me go, "Damn!! where have you been all my life?" I am seeking more of his movies!!!

The guy who plays Yang Rui was awesome. I really liked Yunlong Liu's acting.

Definitely worth a watch.

No comments: