Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tmovie - Tiger Blade (2005)



Synopsis - MovieExclusive
Photos - CoffeeCoffeeAndMoreCoffee

When a highly volatile case confronts the police, a young maverick cop with mystical powers is put on the case. YOSTHANA teams up with the seductive DUANGDAO, and together they must hunt down and capture the brutal and deadly 'FIVE BULLETS BANDIT'. The gang is led by the fearsome, MAHESAK, who like Yosthana is skilled in the art of sorcery and magic. Mahesak can only be defeated with The Tiger Blade, a magical and ancient sword, replete with the powers of nature, and the forces of good. Yosthana must find the Tiger Blade, and bring Mahesak to justice, before the bandits bring total chaos to the city. The stage is set for a gruesome battle between the two nemesis, but only one can survive.


After seeing trailers and reading about the synopsis, I decided to try to watch Tiger Blade. The beginning of the movie started off well with lots of non-stop action and old-school fight moves, which I love! I miss the Shaw Brother-fighting style. The movie fell completely through the middle part. There were too many subplots, and the movie just became too confusing and dull. Without the fight scenes, I would have turned the movie off instantly.

Or it could be I expected a better movie. It's just that watching the beginning; I expected the movie to turn out better than it was suppose to be. Having a female badass kick fight was awesome. I love to see that, rather than have the heroes take up most of the credit. Plus the leading hero was "easy on the eyes" as well!


I'm not very familiar with Thai stars. Therefore, I had to look them up. The leading man, Atsadawut Luengsuntorn is definitely good-looking, and I enjoyed looking at him. Having martial arts skills, or very good choreography, helped me watch the movie at ease.


The female leading lady, Phimonrat Phisarayabud, had the diva-effect that I enjoyed.


Maybe with not too many loop-holes from the movie, I could've enjoyed it more. Or I should have had less expectations. Since the movie title definitely had to do with "some blade," you knew it revolve around a powerful sword. Sword in the Stone, anyone??

No comments: