Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hong Kong films I've seen lately

Even though I watch Asian films, I don't write detailed reviews about them. There are plenty of sites for that.

I am just going to list a few from the top of my head that I've seen.


14 Blades (2010)
Although it didn't get good reviews, I enjoyed it a lot! The fighting and storyline was interesting to me. Donnie Yen is awesome. The only disappointing thing is Vicki Zhao being a damsel in distress.


Flash Point (2007)
I'm a huge fan of Donnie Yen. The fight scenes are very well choreographed and modern.


Ip Man (2008)
Based on Bruce Lee's master. Donnie Yen plays Master Ip. Awesome movie!


Ip Man 2 (2010)
Donnie Yen is so effing awesome and the most underrated martial artist. Not as great as the first part the last 10 minutes of the film is worth it :)


Mulan (2009)
This isn't the Disney cartoon version. It is the live version. You'll be disappointed if you expect to see Mushu. It's not a bad film but felt the film focus too much on the love angle. Vicki Zhao did a great job.


One Nite in Mongkok (2004)
Cast is good - Cecilia Cheung & Daniel Wu. However, the direction was slow but yet good. Well acted.


Painted Skin (2008)
Another Donnie Yen film but I'm disappointed. Not because he's hardly in the film but because it's a very slow, boring film. Maybe another watch?


Storm Warriors (2009)
It's not as good as Storm Raiders but I still enjoyed it! Sometimes higher expectations hurt you. The only complaint I would have is that subs went missing halfway with the film.


True Legend (2010)
Besides being visually stunning, the martial arts scenes worth worth mentioning. Jay Chou has a guest appearance.

No comments: