Monday, June 16, 2008

Kmovie - She's On Duty (2005)

Synopsis - YesAsia

Take Stephen Chow's Fight Back to School, reset it in an all-girl's school in South Korea, and add a plucky female protagonist, and you'll have some idea of what writer/director Park Kwang Choon (Madeleine) has in store for you in his entertaining action comedy, She's On Duty! After bungling an important sting operation involving a Yakuza-run sex slavery ring, Detective Chun Jae In (Kim Seon A, from S Diary and Wet Dreams) must make amends by going deep undercover as a high school student! Her mission is to make friends with Seung Hee (Nam Sang Mi, from (Too Beautiful to Lie), the daughter of Cha Young Jae (Kim Kap Soo), a reformed crook who holds the key to prosecuting a notorious mob boss, but who is impossible to track down. With constant exams, school bullies, and a budding crush on a handsome, but mysterious high schooler (Gong Yoo, from My Tutor Friend), to deal with, can Jae-In find Mr. Cha before the mob does?

After Kim Sun Ah high, I decided to give She's A Duty a watch. Plus I love a girl who kicks ass in movies! Judging from the poster, I was shocked that the girl was Kim Sun Ah. I saw the poster before but it didn't hit me it was Kim Sun Ah. I didn't want to be disappointed in the movie cause I really like Kim Sun Ah and I hated another movie that had a similar theme - Spy Girl. I thought that movie was crappy. Coincidently, Gong Yoo is also in She's On Duty as well as in Spy Girl.

I loooooved this movie! Kim Sun Ah is officially my favorite Korean actress. After My Name is Kim Sam Soon and She's On Duty, I'm more impress with Kim Sun Ah. She has such a nice figure! I never thought she was overweight in My Name is Kim Sam Soon but she's slim in She's On Duty,. Her legs are so slim and looks great - one of the best figures I've seen in the Korean cinema. Her character Jae In has the tough girl image which I love! Similiar to Kim Sam Soon but different. Still the tough girl who don't give a crap but Jae In is more confident and is an undercover cop.

I've seen Gong Yoo before in Spy Girl and even My Tutor Friend (he's the dorky guy who's jealous of Kwon Sang Woo). He didn't impress me and during that time, I haven't seen Coffee Prince yet. It was this movie that made me think Gong Yoo is so hot! Love him in it! Sun Ah and Yoo are so hot together. They sizzle on screen. Yoo looks like he's a good kisser. I officially have a crush on him and am a fangirl.

I didn't realize that Nam Sang Mi was in this movie but she's so cute. She looks different every time I've seen her on screen. From Too Beautiful to Lie to Spy Girl to She's on Duty to Time Between Wolf and Dog, she knows how to pull off each look - little did I know it was her in each film until I did more reach.

She's on Duty is definitely a film I could watch over and over. Kim Sun Ah and Gong Yoo are only in movies and yet, they are so hot together! I can not wait to watch Kim Sun Ah on the big screen again. Gong Yoo, I'm going to miss you!

No comments: